"Beauty is just the beginning."
MAKEUP + BEAUTY + STYLE by Pazzy Navarro
"Beauty is just the beginning."
"Beauty awakens the soul to act.
MY FAVORITE MAKEUP BAGS, POUCHES AND KITS
It’s very essential to have a proper sized makeup kit for your bag. You shouldn’t load it with too much makeup. Only the essentials you need for retouching and instant prettifiers.
It really depends on the woman and what she needs everyday. Some women require a lot of little touch ups here and there. They would like the full set of makeup items in their arsenal. Some don’t use much makeup and bring only powder, oil blotter, lip gloss or lipstick and they’re fine. I am of course bringing everything I need and what I love but in travel size. I love the mini travel sets of some brands such as Benefit, Origins, Sephora store, MAC and Bobbi Brown. Find things in smaller sizes so it doesn’t take so much space and just in case you lose your bag, God forbid!, you still have your real stash safely tucked at home :)
Here are some of the items you must have in your bag. I arranged them in order of importance and priority. Take off what you don’t need or add more if you do.
1. Concealer. This doubles as foundation but in smaller form. You can spread this out and lighten or lessen the dose as you go along. Must have to look fresh and put together.
2. Powder. To diffuse the excess oil, shiny parts of the face. Apply in patting motion. Never sweep.
3. Blush. Instant perk-me-up. Beautiful and great color quickly.
4. Lipstick. Bring two shades. One in a pink shade and one in a red shade. You can always have options and you can even mix it up for fun.
5. Lip balm. So your lips are moistened and never dry. There’s nothing worse than scaly lips and nothing sexier than healthy and fresh looking plump kissers :)
6. Eyeliner. It helps make you look more polished and dressed instantly. Instant sexy.
7. Mascara. It opens your eyes and makes you look prettier. Try it.
8. Tweezer. For quick emergencies and for the few stray hairs you may see as you touch up. There is nothing more beautiful than a well-groomed face & woman.
9. Moisturizer. I bring a small tube with SPF for quick protection and anytime of the day I feel dry it gives me ample moisture. Makes you look younger, your skin smoother and more supple. If you make it a habit to use this, you can count on great skin. Even if I don’t put any makeup on, this makes me feel refreshed and beautiful.
10. Baby Wipes. Helps for instant refresh and good makeup remover too.
So, those are the basics you need in your kit. I have a small brush set for powder, blush, lips, eyes. I also have a small kit of Benefit Finding Mr. Bright in my makeup kit always. It has tiny bottles of Girl Meets Pearl, an iridescent liquid that makes you glow from within. I love it. It has High Beam, which highlights your features and gives you added glam and drama in places you never realized. Posie Tint, a beautiful pink sheer tint for cheeks and lips. Finally Erase Paste, an industrial strength concealer. I love it!!
I’m not particularly into color, I am a fan of black. I feel beautiful and relaxed with it. I wear, breathe, sleep in black everyday. But recently I have grown a deep affection for white and neutral colors especially bone and camel. I have also always loved grey, be it manly trousers, or heather grey tshirt and tracksuit material. I love it. So when Yves Saint Laurent came up with the Downtown bag, it was love at first sight. And studs? that’s it.
I love anything black with studs. I like the whole rock and roll feel to it.
Vintage I love too. I like crushed, crinkled and washed leather for the aged effect.
Now, without further ado, I would like to introduce you to my favorite makeup bags and what I find cool.
Makeup Today: Seductive Eyes
Half Smoky for Day. Light Everything Else. Great for a sexy and clean look.
1. Foundation: MAC Liquid Foundation in NC 35 applied using MAC #190
(medium foundation brush). Applied concealer MAC NC 35.
2. Clinique Bronzer applied using MAC Stippling Brush # 187 for a diffused effect
so it is not so dark/heavy.
3. Applied Urban Decay in Zephyr. Shimmery White iridescent shadow on lid and browbone. Also on inner corners of eyes.
4. Lined half of lids with MAC Carbon Shadow, a flat black shade. Started on corner going out and stopping at end of lid, giving a blunt end. Not winged. Just squarish.
Used MAC brush # 227 for eyeshadow.
5. Dusted Origins bronzer using the same # 187 MAC brush and put a dot of Benefit High Beam on each cheek for a proper glow.
6. Mascara up and down lashes but didn’t line lower lashes for a cleaner look.
Used Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
7. Finally Bobbi Brown Gloss in Pale Peony.
Makeup Today: Sunkissed Pink
Went to Cosmetologie show in SMX in Manila. Walked the ramp as model and did makeup as makeup artist. Loved that day. Great energy. Amazing and creative people. Was with my two good friends Kaye and Jeni. Big bonus :)
Makeup Today: February 22
1. Applied Darphin Embelliseur De Teint in Pêche Nacreé, a gorgeous peach skin enhancer and mixed it with Shiseido Tinted Moisture Protection in #4 Deep Fonce to give a look of brilliant skin and a healthy tan. Used fingers then sponge.
Applied pot concealer in NC 35 by MAC. Finished off with MAC C40 powder using big powder brush # 150 by MAC
2. Enhanced my eyebrows with Nichido Eyebrow pencil in Bronze instead of a flat brown, it has subtle highlighting pigments. Cleaned it up using Eyebrow brush # 102 Comb/Brow brush
3. On eyes: Loose eyeshadow powder in Gold by Lóreal. Applied using MAC Angled Brush #275 as base. Lined eyes with brush # 162 also from MAC and used Typographic shadow, a beautiful solid black with some dark shimmer.
4. Contoured sides of cheeks with ELF Bronzing Highlighter and applied a lot using MAC angled blush brush # 168
5. Lastly, used MAC Bright Pink Lipstick applied straight from the tube.
Makeup Look: Tantalizing Tangerine + a fun surprise= Aqua! :)
Kaye. Blogger + Stylist from Manila.
I wanted to give her a beautiful look that’s great for day or night.
Start with flawless skin and some shimmer mixed with the foundation to give the skin extra vibrance.
Lined her upper lash line with Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black for drama
Added some MAC shadow in Black Tied, black with glitter, on the upper lash line again for impact
Lined on the lower lash line with MAC Teal (strong sea green/aqua shade)
ELF Bronze shimmer on sides of cheeks to contour and make it more defined
Red Orange lips using MAC Lady Bug.
Kaye Awatin/ www.twitter.com/thestyleflux ROCKER CHIC
Cool stylist + blogger.
Kaye’s cool ombré style hair and features were the perfect backdrop for this traffic-stopping red. Her monochromatic outfit, cool jacket made the lipstick a perfect match:)
Love doing makeup on K and her style always rocks.
Used MAC Lady Bug on lips and MAC Liquid Liner in Black.
I love these MAC products. The gorgeous pale lipsticks, lip gelees, shadows and paint pots. These are the colors, some are limited edition and some are permanent. They are gorgeous on their own or layered for a more creative and dramatic effect.
I love using them on myself and clients. They never fail to perform and please. MAC is always flattering and mesmerizing! I use them over and over again.
* Flustered Frosted, pale bronze (Frost) (Limited Edition)
* Quiet, Please Sheer frosty pale beige (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
* Tanarama Soft pale golden beige with gold metallic shimmer (Frost) (Permanent)
* Gel Sheer pale gold (Frost) (Permanent)
* Chilled on Ice Frosted white gold (Limited Edition)
* Vintage Selection Frosted mid-tone peach (Limited Edition)
* Dangerous Cuvee Frosted cool grey (Limited Edition)
* Let Me Pop Frosted light copper (Limited Edition)
* Bubble Lounge Sparkly pink peach (Limited Edition)
* Straight to the Head Sparkly brown bronze (Limited Edition)
* Sin-tillation Sparkly pale icy pink (Limited Edition)
* Luxure Off-white with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
* Brule Soft muted creamy beige (Satin) (Permanent)
* Et Tu, Bouquet? Frosted pale pink gold (Frost)
* Caviar Dreams Mid-tone frosted pewter (Frost) (Limited Edition)
* Retrospeck Beached blonde (Lustre) (Permanent)
* Soiree Sparkly light bronze gold (Frost) (Limited Edition)
* Very Important Platinum Mid-tone platinum (Frost/Metallic) (Limited Edition)
Click here and take a fun tour on amazing makeup brands and products that will do everything related to making you drop dead gorgeous!
Ask for beauty advice or watch tutorials on the important how tos for you to try!
Favorite brands at affordable prices. MAC Cosmetics, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Revlon, Maybelline, Loreal, Physician’s Formula, NYX Cosmetics etc.
"Strength is Beauty."
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
From my two favorites Nicki Minaj and David Guetta
Track: Turn Me On.
Rihanna. Read My Lips. Enjoy.
Instead of the usual brown or blonde highlights, lavender in its faintest hue
make things much more fun ;)
Subtle but so Rock & Roll. Once you’re done with this shade it’s easy to go back to darker colors or brown tones. I love it.